Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 5

Headache! Started with Voice Thread but then decided that I really could make better use of Google Docs (the class I missed). Went back and started the tutorials on Google Docs. I think this might be the way to go. I have a few questions. If I do a schedule on Google Docs can I send it to all staff because I have their email addresses? Will they be able to access it easily? Can I lock it down so no one can make changes to it or does using it imply that the readers are able to interact with my text? This looks like it might be a good tool to use for presentations instead Powerpoint. I'll definitely need to play around with it more.

On another note check out this video that Steve made for me to show the School Board.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Great embedding job!
    With Google Docs, you invite people to be contributors (people who can edit a document). Anyone not invited cannot edit. It just depends how you set it up. Google Docs has lots of applications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also publish any Google Doc as a webpage, something that all can see but none can edit, Kathy. Sort of like a pdf. And you can turn them into pdfs!
    Great stuff.

    spk
    ><>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a link to my classroom expectations on Google Documents on HomeWorkNow as a web page. Easy to do, and now everyone can see it, all I have to do is provide the link. I think I put it into Infinite Campus too . . . actually, I think that was a link to the Rubrics I use for grading. AND, any time you make changes, it will update the webpage for you.

    I like it a lot, and am learning new applications regularly.

    ReplyDelete